"... to the hungry soul every bitter thing is sweet" (Proverbs 27:7)

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

John 1:37


"And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus" (Jn 1:37).

Friend, this is to be the goal of all ministry! It was the goal of many of Scripture's heroes (Jn 1:27).. is it ours too? Is Jesus really preferred before us? Is this our desire? Is this our goal in life? In ministry?

Concerning Peter, the Bible says "And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately. And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord" (Acts 9:35). How wonderful! Don't you want a similar testimony to be effected from your life? I sure do.. I want my role to provide real sustenance for those who are listening! As it was for Jesus' disciples, may any breadcrumbs I have be strength for the journey (Matt 15:32-37)!

Do we want to be "watchmen"? Notice the effect these had on the emerging bride in the Song of Solomon: "By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth..." (Song 3:1-4). Can we relate to these words? What wonderful fruit! The sign of any true ministry is whether or not men turn to Jesus once crossing our paths! Reader, let's minister Him to a dead and dying world! At the sound of His voice, even dry bones will come to life (Ezek 37)!

No comments:

Post a Comment